Wisbech kickboxer Cameron, 14, wins gold at World Kickboxing Championships
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy student Charlotte Cameron won gold at the World Kickboxing Championships in Portugal.
The 14 year old came home with five medals this year and a World Champion title in the cadet girls 13-15 years category -60kg.
Cameron said: “It feels unbelievable. It is everything I have worked for in eight weeks of training. Taking part in the championships was overwhelming but when you step on that mat the adrenaline takes over and you forget about everyone around you.”
Her proud father Stuart said: “Charlotte fought really well in her individual events and on the day all her fights were really close.
“They could have gone either way and to be told that she was robbed by the coach of her competitor says something about how Charlotte did on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Clare Claxton paid tribute to Cameron, who will be back in action at the Irish Open in March.
She said: “Charlotte is a determined young woman and everyone at TCA is absolutely delighted to hear of this phenomenal success after all the hours of training.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
“We hope this will be the start of many more titles.”