Wisbech kickboxer Cameron, 14, wins gold at World Kickboxing Championships
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy student Charlotte Cameron won gold at the World Kickboxing Championships in Portugal.
The 14 year old came home with five medals this year and a World Champion title in the cadet girls 13-15 years category -60kg.
Cameron said: “It feels unbelievable. It is everything I have worked for in eight weeks of training. Taking part in the championships was overwhelming but when you step on that mat the adrenaline takes over and you forget about everyone around you.”
Her proud father Stuart said: “Charlotte fought really well in her individual events and on the day all her fights were really close.
“They could have gone either way and to be told that she was robbed by the coach of her competitor says something about how Charlotte did on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Clare Claxton paid tribute to Cameron, who will be back in action at the Irish Open in March.
She said: “Charlotte is a determined young woman and everyone at TCA is absolutely delighted to hear of this phenomenal success after all the hours of training.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 4 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 10 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
“We hope this will be the start of many more titles.”