Wisbech kickboxer Cameron, 14, wins gold at World Kickboxing Championships
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy student Charlotte Cameron won gold at the World Kickboxing Championships in Portugal.
The 14 year old came home with five medals this year and a World Champion title in the cadet girls 13-15 years category -60kg.
Cameron said: “It feels unbelievable. It is everything I have worked for in eight weeks of training. Taking part in the championships was overwhelming but when you step on that mat the adrenaline takes over and you forget about everyone around you.”
Her proud father Stuart said: “Charlotte fought really well in her individual events and on the day all her fights were really close.
“They could have gone either way and to be told that she was robbed by the coach of her competitor says something about how Charlotte did on the day.
Principal Clare Claxton paid tribute to Cameron, who will be back in action at the Irish Open in March.
She said: “Charlotte is a determined young woman and everyone at TCA is absolutely delighted to hear of this phenomenal success after all the hours of training.
- 1 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
“We hope this will be the start of many more titles.”