Wisbech juniors finish runners up in Cambridgeshire finals
WISBECH Rugby Club s under-9s went all the way to the final of the Cambridgeshire Cup, despite missing key players. An exhausted Wisbech lost the final 8-1 to Cambridge and Cameron Finlay was their only try scorer. The Wisbech boys received runners-up med
WISBECH Rugby Club's under-9s went all the way to the final of the Cambridgeshire Cup, despite missing key players.
An exhausted Wisbech lost the final 8-1 to Cambridge and Cameron Finlay was their only try scorer.
The Wisbech boys received runners-up medals from Premier League player Jon Vickers of the Northampton Saints.
Wisbech beat Saffron Walden to a place in the final on their tries record for the day after their semi-final finished 0-0 after extra-time sudden death.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier Wisbech had beaten Ely 3-2 and Shelford 5-4 with Finlay (3), Frank Etherington (2), Oliver Simpson, James Shelly and Finlay Wilcox all scoring tries.
Player of the week was Wilcox who captained his team by example with a superb all round performance.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
Coach Alex Wilcox said: "I'm extremely proud of how the team played.
"To reach the finals of the county cup with key players missing and no substitutes is a credit to all the boys.