WISBECH II: Apted's six wickets makes light work of Ufford Park
BRAD Apted took six wickets as Wisbech Seconds made light work of Ufford Park in their Hunts Division 2 clash on Saturday. Apted took 6-44 from his 12 overs at Harecroft Road – including the wicket of Danny Harrington who scored a half-century for Ufford
BRAD Apted took six wickets as Wisbech Seconds made light work of Ufford Park in their Hunts Division 2 clash on Saturday.
Apted took 6-44 from his 12 overs at Harecroft Road - including the wicket of Danny Harrington who scored a half-century for Ufford Park - as the visitors were bowled out for 117.
Paul Strickle took three wickets for 33 runs from his 10 overs, with Adam Hodgson picking up the final wicket. Ryan Van Waterschoot finished with 0-19 from his six overs.
Wisbech made a shaky start to their reply, Gavin Plume out for just two and Daniel Mason scoring 11.
You may also want to watch:
But a strong third-wicket partnership between David Wood and Grant Clark set up Wisbech for a comfortable win.
Grant top-scored with 43 and Wood was out on 31, but the partnership left Carl Pope and Hodgson the simple task of scoring the final few runs needed for victory.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition