WISBECH I: Almost ton-up for Fenmen in demolition of Thetford
EASTERN COUNTIES DIVISION ONE Wisbech 96 Thetford 0 WISBECH rattled up more than a point a minute and recorded their highest league score for years. The local men played exceptionally well and were ruthless in their application. Neil Hunt opened the scori
EASTERN COUNTIES DIVISION ONE
Wisbech 96 Thetford 0
WISBECH rattled up more than a point a minute and recorded their highest league score for years.
The local men played exceptionally well and were ruthless in their application.
Neil Hunt opened the scoring and was followed by a plethora of tries from Charlie Roberts, Tom Martell, Tom Long and Mark Laws to take a 40-0 half-time lead. Laws, on his return to action, took over the kicking duties from Will Pettit and passed the 1,000 points for the club.
James Griffin was once again instrumental in the tight ably supported by the rest of the pack; Tom Martell was named as man of the match and Andy Hoyles has another solid game.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
The second half saw James Comben cross the line virtually from the re-start.
Further tries were added by Pettit, Ben Hoyles, Laws and Rudi Van de Merwe. Perhaps the pick of the tries was Long's as he collected the ball in his own half; side stepped, threw a dummy and out-sprinted the defence to score under the posts.
Laws continued to add the conversions for a full time score of 96-0.
Wisbech are back in action against Newmarket at home in the county cup on January 3.