Wisbech Grammar School picked to host rugby camp for children in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School has been picked to host a three-day rugby camp designed for players of all abilities between the ages of six and sixteen.
Saints Rugby Camps are tailored to individual age groups and are delivered by fully qualified coaches.
The camps are for children from Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire.
A spokesman said: “They are the perfect place for young and aspiring rugby players to receive expert coaching to hone their talent and develop their understanding of the sport.
Participants could also receive coaching from some of the Saints’ professional players, and there is also the possibility of getting spotted by a member of their Academy coaching staff too.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “Under seven and eight-year-old children will hone their skills in tag rugby, the non-contact version of the sport.
“Under nines and older children are separated into individual age groups and will be coached on: running and handling skills; tackling, contact and breakdown areas; support play and game shape; defensive work and alignments; overall game management; other areas as required.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children