Wisbech Grammar School hockey star impresses at top training camp
A WISBECH Grammar School student has been confirmed as one of the most promising hockey players in the country after she qualified for a top assessment camp.
Chloe Short, 16, was one of 56 under-17 players invited to attend the high performance assesment (HiPac) camp in Lilleshall at the weekend.
The gruelling two-day camp involved seven hours of training, three games and several off-the-pitch technical sessions.
Chloe, who also plays for the grammar school’s first team, said: “I would like to play for England at the end of the day, but it is lots of hard work.
“The camp was really good. It was so hard and so intense, but I did really enjoy it. It now feels like all the hard work has paid off.”
You may also want to watch:
Chloe, who lives at Boughton, King’s Lynn, is a member of Dereham Hockey Club and also plays for the Norfolk county side.
She was one of seven of the best county players who were selected for a week of training at Culford in the summer. After impressing at the training, she was invited to join British Super League side the Saxon Tigers.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage