Wisbech Grammar School hockey star impresses at top training camp
A WISBECH Grammar School student has been confirmed as one of the most promising hockey players in the country after she qualified for a top assessment camp.
Chloe Short, 16, was one of 56 under-17 players invited to attend the high performance assesment (HiPac) camp in Lilleshall at the weekend.
The gruelling two-day camp involved seven hours of training, three games and several off-the-pitch technical sessions.
Chloe, who also plays for the grammar school’s first team, said: “I would like to play for England at the end of the day, but it is lots of hard work.
“The camp was really good. It was so hard and so intense, but I did really enjoy it. It now feels like all the hard work has paid off.”
You may also want to watch:
Chloe, who lives at Boughton, King’s Lynn, is a member of Dereham Hockey Club and also plays for the Norfolk county side.
She was one of seven of the best county players who were selected for a week of training at Culford in the summer. After impressing at the training, she was invited to join British Super League side the Saxon Tigers.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial