Wisbech Grammar School hockey star impresses at top training camp
A WISBECH Grammar School student has been confirmed as one of the most promising hockey players in the country after she qualified for a top assessment camp.
Chloe Short, 16, was one of 56 under-17 players invited to attend the high performance assesment (HiPac) camp in Lilleshall at the weekend.
The gruelling two-day camp involved seven hours of training, three games and several off-the-pitch technical sessions.
Chloe, who also plays for the grammar school’s first team, said: “I would like to play for England at the end of the day, but it is lots of hard work.
“The camp was really good. It was so hard and so intense, but I did really enjoy it. It now feels like all the hard work has paid off.”
You may also want to watch:
Chloe, who lives at Boughton, King’s Lynn, is a member of Dereham Hockey Club and also plays for the Norfolk county side.
She was one of seven of the best county players who were selected for a week of training at Culford in the summer. After impressing at the training, she was invited to join British Super League side the Saxon Tigers.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 10 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs