Wisbech Grammar School pupils win four gold medals at Cambs County Archery Championships
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School Archery Team had a successful day on Sunday February 11at the Cambridgeshire County Championships and Jolly Archers Competition.
Nerves got the better of the team at the beginning of the competition, but they managed to overcome this and went for gold.
Thomas Fox (second form, Downham Market) won Under 18 Gents Compound and retained his Cambridgeshire County Champion title for Junior Gents Compound.
Millie Oram (lower sixth form, Wisbech) won Under 18 Ladies Barebow and she is now Cambridgeshire County Champion for Junior Ladies Barebow.
Amy Everall (lower sixth Form, Leverington) won Under 18 Ladies Compound and is now Cambridgeshire County Champion for Junior Ladies Compound.
You may also want to watch:
Believing that Laura Wright (fifth form) from Peterborough was ready to ‘raise her game’, she was entered into the over 18 category by school archery coach Sean Fox, providing her with the opportunity of competing against much more experienced archers.
Laura won gold! She is now Cambridgeshire County Champion for Ladies Compound.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
In addition, Thomas, Amy, and Laura also won gold for the Cambridgeshire County Compound team.
The team also competed in the Jolly Archers Competition which is open to all counties and not just Cambridgeshire teams.
Wisbech Grammar School archers came away with impressive results: Thomas Fox won gold for Under 18 Gents Compound, Millie Oram won gold for Under 18 Ladies Barebow, Amy Everall won gold for Under 18 Ladies Compound and Laura Wright won gold for Over 18 Ladies Compound.
Sean Fox, archery coach at Wisbech Grammar School, said: “We are very proud of all our competitors and their new successes at this competition.
“They all demonstrated a high standard of archery and conducted themselves extremely well at the competition.
“We are looking forward to entering more competitions this year.”