Hockey success for Wisbech Grammar as under 11’s battle it out in Laxton Tournament
- Credit: Archant
Perseverance paid off for Wisbech Grammar’s U11a Hockey team at the annual Junior Hockey competition.
Oundle’s annual Junior Hockey competition, the Laxton Tournament, took place on September 12 and Wisbech Grammar’s U11a Hockey team were one of the eight teams taking part on the day.
Group stages were challenging but through resilience, determination, and teamwork, the girls made their way through to the final of the Silver Plate and coming down to penalty shuttles they prevailed going on to win.
Freddie Whatling, U11 hockey coach, said: “I am very proud of the girls’ performance as they produced their best hockey when it really mattered; their perseverance, hard work and commitment to training has been highly commendable.”
Wisbech Grammar aims to meet pupils’ aspirations and enable them to meet their sporting goals.
You may also want to watch:
Talented rugby, hockey, netball, cricketers and athletes, as well as individual sports-people in other fields can access tailor-made coaching programmes, via their Elite Sports Programme.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'