Hockey success for Wisbech Grammar as under 11’s battle it out in Laxton Tournament
- Credit: Archant
Perseverance paid off for Wisbech Grammar’s U11a Hockey team at the annual Junior Hockey competition.
Oundle’s annual Junior Hockey competition, the Laxton Tournament, took place on September 12 and Wisbech Grammar’s U11a Hockey team were one of the eight teams taking part on the day.
Group stages were challenging but through resilience, determination, and teamwork, the girls made their way through to the final of the Silver Plate and coming down to penalty shuttles they prevailed going on to win.
Freddie Whatling, U11 hockey coach, said: “I am very proud of the girls’ performance as they produced their best hockey when it really mattered; their perseverance, hard work and commitment to training has been highly commendable.”
Wisbech Grammar aims to meet pupils’ aspirations and enable them to meet their sporting goals.
You may also want to watch:
Talented rugby, hockey, netball, cricketers and athletes, as well as individual sports-people in other fields can access tailor-made coaching programmes, via their Elite Sports Programme.
- 1 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 4 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy