Wisbech firsts drop out of title race
WISBECH Cricket Club s first team are now out of the Tucker Gardner Division One title race after David Norman s 126 not out for Cambridge Granta seconds ensured the Fenland club suffered a shock 55-run defeat on Saturday. The title has gone to Burwell
WISBECH Cricket Club's first team are now out of the Tucker Gardner Division One title race after David Norman's 126 not out for Cambridge Granta seconds ensured the Fenland club suffered a shock 55-run defeat on Saturday.
The title has gone to Burwell who beat Waresley by five wickets on Saturday to move up to 417 points, 55 ahead of third-placed Wisbech who still have a chance of pipping Ramsey to second spot with one game remaining.
And Wisbech will be aiming to finish the season on a high when they travel to arch rivals March tomorrow.
Cambridge Granta opened with 228-5 on Saturday and their opener Norman dominated the innings.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Van Waterschoot took 2-14 and Chris Clark (2-40) and Henry Rosier (1-57) were Wisbech's other wicket-takers.
Wisbech opener Simon Freear was his side's top scorer with 68 runs.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
The other top four batsmen made steady contributions but a back-end collapse saw Wisbech all out for 173.