Wisbech Firsts beat Foxton in CCA Division 1
Story by: KAY FLOYD
WISBECH Firsts beat Foxton by seven Wickets in CCA Premier League Division 1 on Saturday.
FOXTON won the toss and decided to bat. Number three Lawrence Farnum made 110 before being caught by Brandon off the bowling of Allsop. His Foxton colleagues did not offer much support. Second highest score was from number nine Dennis Sabey who made 36 and Wisbech’s extras of 22 were the next highest score. Seven Foxton batsmen made single figures and they were bowled out for 230 in 43 overs.
Wisbech bowler James Williams took three for 59 off eight overs and Gary Freer and Craig Johnson each took two wickets. Sam Brandon and Ben Allsop took one each.
In reply, Wisbech got off to a shaky start with openers Simon Freer and Ben Allsop making seven and eight respectively. Gary Freer came in to steady the ship and made an excellent 142 not out. He was well supported by James Williams who made 62 before being caught by Douglas off Atwell. Wisbech made 230-3 off 44.2 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Best of the Foxton bowling was Andrew Gray who had 1-33 off eight overs.
Wisbech took 25 points from the match.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police