Wisbech Firsts beat Foxton in CCA Division 1
Story by: KAY FLOYD
WISBECH Firsts beat Foxton by seven Wickets in CCA Premier League Division 1 on Saturday.
FOXTON won the toss and decided to bat. Number three Lawrence Farnum made 110 before being caught by Brandon off the bowling of Allsop. His Foxton colleagues did not offer much support. Second highest score was from number nine Dennis Sabey who made 36 and Wisbech’s extras of 22 were the next highest score. Seven Foxton batsmen made single figures and they were bowled out for 230 in 43 overs.
Wisbech bowler James Williams took three for 59 off eight overs and Gary Freer and Craig Johnson each took two wickets. Sam Brandon and Ben Allsop took one each.
In reply, Wisbech got off to a shaky start with openers Simon Freer and Ben Allsop making seven and eight respectively. Gary Freer came in to steady the ship and made an excellent 142 not out. He was well supported by James Williams who made 62 before being caught by Douglas off Atwell. Wisbech made 230-3 off 44.2 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Best of the Foxton bowling was Andrew Gray who had 1-33 off eight overs.
Wisbech took 25 points from the match.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’