Wisbech Firsts beat Cambridge Granta in Tucker Gardner Division 1
WISBECH Firsts picked up a comfortable win against Cambridge Granta II in Tucker Gardner Division 1 on Saturday at Harecroft Road.
Cambridge batted first in Saturday’s match. Opener Nasweeph Kuttiyan top scored with 51 and number five Alex Fullerton made 44.
But the Wisbech bowling was too good for Granta’s tail enders and four wickets fell for just six runs. Granta ended their innings all out for 169 runs.
Craig Johnson took 4-34 off eight overs and he was supported by Sam Brandon, James Williams and Gary Freear who each took two wickets.
Wisbech’s opener Simon Freear made the top score of 38 before being caught by Moodley off Rajan Singh. Carl Pope made next top score with 34 before being adjudged lbw to Ashley Vella. Henry Rosier (26 not out) and David Wood (five not out) saw Wisbech over the finish line.
You may also want to watch:
Rajan Singh produced Cambridge Granta’s best bowling figures with three wickets for 42 runs off his seven overs. Joe Heather and Ashley Vella each took one wicket.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction