Wisbech Firsts beat Cambridge Granta in Tucker Gardner Division 1
WISBECH Firsts picked up a comfortable win against Cambridge Granta II in Tucker Gardner Division 1 on Saturday at Harecroft Road.
Cambridge batted first in Saturday’s match. Opener Nasweeph Kuttiyan top scored with 51 and number five Alex Fullerton made 44.
But the Wisbech bowling was too good for Granta’s tail enders and four wickets fell for just six runs. Granta ended their innings all out for 169 runs.
Craig Johnson took 4-34 off eight overs and he was supported by Sam Brandon, James Williams and Gary Freear who each took two wickets.
Wisbech’s opener Simon Freear made the top score of 38 before being caught by Moodley off Rajan Singh. Carl Pope made next top score with 34 before being adjudged lbw to Ashley Vella. Henry Rosier (26 not out) and David Wood (five not out) saw Wisbech over the finish line.
You may also want to watch:
Rajan Singh produced Cambridge Granta’s best bowling figures with three wickets for 42 runs off his seven overs. Joe Heather and Ashley Vella each took one wicket.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard