Wisbech Firsts beat Cambridge Granta in Tucker Gardner Division 1
WISBECH Firsts picked up a comfortable win against Cambridge Granta II in Tucker Gardner Division 1 on Saturday at Harecroft Road.
Cambridge batted first in Saturday’s match. Opener Nasweeph Kuttiyan top scored with 51 and number five Alex Fullerton made 44.
But the Wisbech bowling was too good for Granta’s tail enders and four wickets fell for just six runs. Granta ended their innings all out for 169 runs.
Craig Johnson took 4-34 off eight overs and he was supported by Sam Brandon, James Williams and Gary Freear who each took two wickets.
Wisbech’s opener Simon Freear made the top score of 38 before being caught by Moodley off Rajan Singh. Carl Pope made next top score with 34 before being adjudged lbw to Ashley Vella. Henry Rosier (26 not out) and David Wood (five not out) saw Wisbech over the finish line.
You may also want to watch:
Rajan Singh produced Cambridge Granta’s best bowling figures with three wickets for 42 runs off his seven overs. Joe Heather and Ashley Vella each took one wicket.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder