Wisbech fighter completes hat-trick of gold medals after triumph at Taekwon-do Championships
A WISBECH fighter has brought home two gold medals from the English Open National Taekwon-do Championships.
Dominic Marcinkevicious, who trains with the Carter School of Taekwon-do at the Hudson Leisure Centre in Wisbech, bagged gold medals for both his sparring and his high kicking (power).
The victories completed his hat-trick of golds, after he triumphed in the Welsh and Scottish Opens earlier in the year.
The English Open, held at the K2 Sports and Leisure Centre in Crawley near London, saw hundreds of fighters compete from across the UK.
Anthony Carter, Fifth Dan International Instructor, said Dominic was a worthy winner.
He said: “Dominic deserved to win, but it was a very hard fought contest with Dom going up against some talented youngsters. Bringing back the gold to Wisbech was a real achievement and we at the Hudson are very proud of him.
“He trains with us every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and regularly trains with the English National Youth Squad as well.”
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
If you want to join us everyone is welcome, and the first lesson is always free. Just come along – wear something comfortable, and join in.’
Joining Dom at the English Open Championships were Elizabeth Davies, Maddison Carter, Michael Poole and Lucy Poole.
As well as Dominic’s golds in the junior red belt sparring and power, Michael won silver in the boys middle belt sparring and Lucy won bronze in the girls junior belt sparring.