Wisbech extend unbeaten run to six games with midweek draw against Newmarket
Ridgeons Premier Division Wisbech Town 1 Newmarket Town 1 A Scott Cubberely penalty ensured Wisbech extended their unbeaten league run to six games. But Fenmen boss Steve Appleby described Tuesday night s draw as poor match and said his players lacked en
Ridgeons Premier Division
Wisbech Town 1 Newmarket Town 1
A Scott Cubberely penalty ensured Wisbech extended their unbeaten league run to six games.
But Fenmen boss Steve Appleby described Tuesday night's draw as poor match and said his players lacked energy.
He said: "It was a typical end of season game. There were too many tired legs and not enough quality.
"Newmarket dominated the first half an hour but we were the better team in the second half. Scott Cubberely had a good chance and Darren Jimson came close with a couple of decent efforts, but it's good to keep the unbeaten run going."
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 4 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 10 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
Cubberley's penalty was scored in the 43rd minute following a handball after Newmarket had taken a fifth-minute lead.
Wisbech host fourth-placed Kirkley and Pakefield on Saturday.
Appleby said: "They are doing well and are confident but we're not afraid and will give it a good go.