Wisbech extend unbeaten run to six games with midweek draw against Newmarket
Ridgeons Premier Division Wisbech Town 1 Newmarket Town 1 A Scott Cubberely penalty ensured Wisbech extended their unbeaten league run to six games. But Fenmen boss Steve Appleby described Tuesday night s draw as poor match and said his players lacked en
Ridgeons Premier Division
Wisbech Town 1 Newmarket Town 1
A Scott Cubberely penalty ensured Wisbech extended their unbeaten league run to six games.
But Fenmen boss Steve Appleby described Tuesday night's draw as poor match and said his players lacked energy.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It was a typical end of season game. There were too many tired legs and not enough quality.
"Newmarket dominated the first half an hour but we were the better team in the second half. Scott Cubberely had a good chance and Darren Jimson came close with a couple of decent efforts, but it's good to keep the unbeaten run going."
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 5 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
Cubberley's penalty was scored in the 43rd minute following a handball after Newmarket had taken a fifth-minute lead.
Wisbech host fourth-placed Kirkley and Pakefield on Saturday.
Appleby said: "They are doing well and are confident but we're not afraid and will give it a good go.