CRICKET: Panesar joins the Lashings of stars set to grace Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Former England spinner Monty Panesar will be gracing Harecroft Road later this summer.
Panesar is the latest name to be added to a star-studded Lashings Cricket Club side to take on Wisbech in a Twenty20 fixture on Friday, August 31.
It is a fundraising match with all proceeds going towards the building of a new pavilion for the town’s cricket and hockey clubs – known as the ‘Crockey Project’.
He joins other ex-England internationals Chris Lewis, West Indies legend Gordon Greenidge and former Pakistan player Yasir Arafat in the Lashings side.
The day will involve a corporate lunch and auction – for which tickets are still available - with Lashings stars ahead of the game which begins at 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A kwik cricket competition for youngsters will also take place while there are also set to be a host of off-field attractions include a kids’ zone and food stalls.
Further information is available from Wisbech first-team captain Gary Freear on 07834 436345 or by email email@example.com
- 1 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 4 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy