CRICKET: Panesar joins the Lashings of stars set to grace Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Former England spinner Monty Panesar will be gracing Harecroft Road later this summer.
Panesar is the latest name to be added to a star-studded Lashings Cricket Club side to take on Wisbech in a Twenty20 fixture on Friday, August 31.
It is a fundraising match with all proceeds going towards the building of a new pavilion for the town’s cricket and hockey clubs – known as the ‘Crockey Project’.
He joins other ex-England internationals Chris Lewis, West Indies legend Gordon Greenidge and former Pakistan player Yasir Arafat in the Lashings side.
The day will involve a corporate lunch and auction – for which tickets are still available - with Lashings stars ahead of the game which begins at 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A kwik cricket competition for youngsters will also take place while there are also set to be a host of off-field attractions include a kids’ zone and food stalls.
Further information is available from Wisbech first-team captain Gary Freear on 07834 436345 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary