Wisbech cricket round-up
The Firsts drew their top of the table clash while there were victories for the Seconds and Thirds.
WISBECH Firsts’ hopes of winning the Cambs Division One title took a blow after they could only draw with title rivals Camden on Saturday.
Despite being only the second team to deny the table-topping side a victory this summer, it leaves Wisbech in second place with just five games remaining.
An unbeaten century from Nigel Gadsby helped Camden reach 212-6 from their 48 overs, but Wisbech looked in command at 128-2 in reply.
However, despite Gary Freear’s 65, Wisbech failed to push on and clinch the victory. They snatched a draw after the 10th wicket of Gavin Plume and Sam Brandon batted out the final two-and-a-half overs.
You may also want to watch:
Captain James Williams, who scored 47, said: “We’re very disappointed as we got ourselves in a great position. We’ve got a strong batting line-up but the middle order didn’t kick on like they have been. Our fielding let us down as we gave away around 30 runs.
“Hopefully Godmanchester can do us a favour as they’ve been on form when they play Camden. We’ve just got to keep winning and hope that they slip-up.”
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
Camden: 212-6 (Sam Brandon 2-42)
Wisbech: 187-9 (Gary Freear 65)
Rutland League Division 6
Rutland II beat Peterborough Lions by 50 runs
Rutland 129 all out
Peterborough 79 all out
Fenland Invitation Trophy
Fenland III beat Leverington by two runs
Fenland III 121-7 (Danny Emmington 51)
Leverington 119-7 (Mark Baker 3-19)
CCA Junior League 4A
Wisbech IIII beat Somersham II by default
CCA Senior League Division Three
Wisbech II beat Ashwell by four wickets
Ashwell 160-9 (Kieran Haynes 3-46)
Wisbech II 161-6 (Dom Standard 70)