All Star Cricket arrives in Wisbech in a bid to make it more popular with both girls and boys
- Credit: Archant
All Star Cricket with Cambs County Cricket arrived at Wisbech Grammar School
As part of the partnership with Cambs County Cricket, the school hosted their first ‘all stars cricket’ programme and ‘a chance to shine’ roadshow.
Over 3.5 million boys and girls in more than 14,000 state schools are playing and learning through cricket today thanks to the Chance to Shine School programme.
All Stars Cricket is a national programme that is designed to inspire five-to eight-year-old boys and girls to take up cricket and provide a great first experience of the game; putting fun right at the centre of this experience.
All Stars Cricket, Cambs CCC and Wisbech Grammar School aim to instil children with a lifelong love of the sport.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking forward to working with Cambs CCC to promote cricket for children in the local community and will keep an eye on upcoming talented cricket players in future years” said Phil Webb, director of sport at WGS.
Primary schools in the local area are invited to join in the programme, and they can contact the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 10 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation