Wisbech cadets shine at Northern Sector Football Tournament
- Credit: Archant
It was a productive day all round for 272 (Wisbech) Squadron at the inaugural Northern Sector Football Tournament.
Boys and Girls from the squadron took on air cadet teams from across Northern Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire in a friendly five-a- side football tournament played at The Camp in Ramsey.
The Boys got off finished second behind 1220 (March) Squadron and just ahead of 2430 (Holbeach) squadron.
Cadet Bartlomiej Ziabka (15) was named best male player of the tournament.
There were fewer female players so 272’s Corporal Aline Johnson, 17, made up a scratch team with 2430 (Holbeach).
It was a perfect match in more ways than one as they romped home winners of the female league with Aline named female player of the tournament.
Flight Lieutenant Colin Arnold, Office Commanding 272 said “I’m extremely proud of the team who gave it their all on the day and it paid off. We are looking forward to this becoming an annual event.”
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 5 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
272 (Wisbech) Squadron are recruiting. Pop down on a parade night (Monday and Thursday 7pm to 9:30pm) or e-mail email@example.com.