Wisbech cadets shine at Northern Sector Football Tournament
- Credit: Archant
It was a productive day all round for 272 (Wisbech) Squadron at the inaugural Northern Sector Football Tournament.
Boys and Girls from the squadron took on air cadet teams from across Northern Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire in a friendly five-a- side football tournament played at The Camp in Ramsey.
The Boys got off finished second behind 1220 (March) Squadron and just ahead of 2430 (Holbeach) squadron.
Cadet Bartlomiej Ziabka (15) was named best male player of the tournament.
There were fewer female players so 272’s Corporal Aline Johnson, 17, made up a scratch team with 2430 (Holbeach).
You may also want to watch:
It was a perfect match in more ways than one as they romped home winners of the female league with Aline named female player of the tournament.
Flight Lieutenant Colin Arnold, Office Commanding 272 said “I’m extremely proud of the team who gave it their all on the day and it paid off. We are looking forward to this becoming an annual event.”
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 4 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 10 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
272 (Wisbech) Squadron are recruiting. Pop down on a parade night (Monday and Thursday 7pm to 9:30pm) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.