BOXING: Wisbech star Joe Steed extends perfect start to progessional career
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech boxer Joe Steed made it three wins from three outings – but admitted it was his toughest test yet.
Steed recorded a 40:37 decision over tough Bulgarian Iliyan Markov at The Halls in Norwich last Friday night.
The visiting boxer took some of Steed’s best shots, and produced a few of his own, but neither man gave an inch.
Steed admitted he had to work hard for the victory.
“He was tough,” he said. “He took some good shots in there, but I felt good. He caught me a few times but I handled what he had well.”
You may also want to watch:
Trainer Graham Everett was delighted with Steed’s performance.
“It was a good, hard fight,” he said. “Joe was in with a tough kid, but was really good. The lad had a very good chin and was a dangerous puncher who threw a very dangerous counter left hook so there were problems all the way through it for Joe to deal with, but he kept his boxing together well and did well.”
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash