BOXING: Wisbech star Joe Steed extends perfect start to progessional career
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech boxer Joe Steed made it three wins from three outings – but admitted it was his toughest test yet.
Steed recorded a 40:37 decision over tough Bulgarian Iliyan Markov at The Halls in Norwich last Friday night.
The visiting boxer took some of Steed’s best shots, and produced a few of his own, but neither man gave an inch.
Steed admitted he had to work hard for the victory.
“He was tough,” he said. “He took some good shots in there, but I felt good. He caught me a few times but I handled what he had well.”
You may also want to watch:
Trainer Graham Everett was delighted with Steed’s performance.
“It was a good, hard fight,” he said. “Joe was in with a tough kid, but was really good. The lad had a very good chin and was a dangerous puncher who threw a very dangerous counter left hook so there were problems all the way through it for Joe to deal with, but he kept his boxing together well and did well.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires