Wisbech boss Setchell desperate for Newmarket game to go ahead
FRUSTRATED Wisbech player-manager Gary Setchell is itching to get two of the worst results of his managerial career out of his system. Setchell was looking to a big response to a 5-0 defeat at Needham Market and 6-1 drubbing at Mildenhall Town when Wisbec
FRUSTRATED Wisbech player-manager Gary Setchell is itching to get two of the worst results of his managerial career out of his system.
Setchell was looking to a big response to a 5-0 defeat at Needham Market and 6-1 drubbing at Mildenhall Town when Wisbech were due to play at Ely City on Saturday, but the fixture was postponed due to a frozen pitch.
He is now desperate for tomorrow's home match against Newmarket to get the go ahead.
Setchell said: "I had a severely depleted squad for the Needham Market game but the Mildenhall result has left me scratching my head because I feel I had the best squad I've had since I've been manager of Wisbech and we were awful.
You may also want to watch:
"I don't know if the lads didn't look after themselves properly over Christmas but they just weren't at the races.
"We had just been on a fantastic 11-game unbeaten run and we have shown, when Wisbech play well, they win.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
"The lads have trained well and the best thing when you've just come off two big defeats is to get back out there and put things right.
"The weather forecast is not looking too good for the weekend but I really hope the game goes ahead because we need to get back to winning ways.