Wisbech boss delighted with comeback against league leaders
WISBECH TOWN boss Steve Appleby praised his side’s bravery after coming back from 3-0 down to draw with league leaders CRC.
A bullet header from captain Paul Cousins and a double from substitute Darren Jimson capped a fantastic comeback after Saturday’s FA Cup exit at the hands of Radcliffe Olympic.
Appleby said: “It’s been built up as a bit of a crisis because we’d lost two games and gone out of the FA Cup.
“The management and players are not happy about the defeats but we must remember it’s a marathon not a sprint and we were undefeated only a week ago.
“We’ve done really well to come back from 3-0 down against an exceptionally good CRC side. We played well for the first 30 minutes but their goal knocked the stuffing out of us. I was looking for a response from the FA Cup defeat and we got one.
You may also want to watch:
“Paul Cousins is playing with broken bones in his toes and he’s been inspirational. Jimmo (Darren Jimson) came on and silenced one or two critics and the lads rallied so well to earn a great point.”
Wisbech travel to Stewarts & Lloyds Corby on Saturday in the FA Vase First Qualifying Round and Lewis Thompson may miss out through injury.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres