Depleted Wisbech blown away as juniors denied thrilling away win
- Credit: Wisbech Rugby Club
An injury-ravaged Wisbech Rugby Club were blown away against a strong Newmarket side.
Wisbech started poorly and never recovered in their 66-0 London 3 Eastern Counties League defeat on Saturday.
The Men in Red lost two key players to head injuries in a game where Raimondas Vinksna and Tom Goode impressed for the visitors.
Club captain David Wadsley said: “It was a hard day at the office.”
Wisbech travel to Ipswich YM on Saturday followed by the visit of Ely Tigers on December 11.
*Wisbech under 14s were involved in a 6-6 stalemate with Sudbury on Sunday.
Elliot Brown scored four tries as Ripley Mills also got on the scoresheet.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 6 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 7 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 8 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 9 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
But back came Sudbury after half-time as a series of knock-ons allowed them to find a route back into the contest.
Wisbech defended solidly only to be denied in the final moments to level the game.
Coach Marcus Hall said: “Wisbech can hold their heads high, with the whole team pulling together to hold off Sudbury’s continues attacks towards the end of the second half."