Wisbech-based Avaddon MMA stars take to ring at Norwich cage fighting event
FOUR members of Wisbech-based Avaddon Mixed Martial Arts Club took part in a cage fighting event in Norwich at the weekend.
Tom White was the first Avaddon MMA competitor to take to the ring at East Coast Fight Factory’s event. Despite dominating his bout against Tom Easton he was caught with a submission choke just one minute from the bell and lost.
Lutero Mariano won his debut bout against Fighting Fit Martial Arts’ Piotr by unanimous decision. Mariano was aggressive throughout and thoroughly deserved his win after completing a number of takedowns.
Fellow debutant Krisjanis Loginovs also enjoyed glory on the night beating Jamie Brady from King’s Lynn club Pitboxe MMA on a unanimous decision.
Mark Durrington was the last Avaddon MMA competitor to take to the ring and showed his class against hot prospect Jack Mezzetti but lost after being caught by a triangle choke submission hold.
You may also want to watch:
Avaddon MMA coach Chris Ellington said: “I’d like to say well done to all the support we got and especially the lads who trained hard and fought well on the night.”
The club’s stars return to action at Peterborough’s Liquid nightclub on August 27.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 9 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter