Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club to show off new facilities at open day
- Credit: Archant
A club holds an open day tomorrow to show off its spacious new building.
Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club has opened in Pinnacle House, in Nene Parade, after a month of hard work moving from its old home in Nene Quay.
The new 13,000sq ft industrial unit has a range of workout equipment, 11 punch bags, a boxing ring and table tennis tables which organisers hope will be welcomed as a community facility.
On Saturday, the club opens its doors from noon to show off the new facilities. Club members will hold sparring sessions and there will be a range of stalls.
Saphire Lee, of Wisbech ABC, said: “All ages can come along.
You may also want to watch:
“We have sessions for children and are planning to run a women’s only boxing training night if there is enough interest.
“We hope the community get good use out of this.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 5 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
Club nights are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6–8.30pm and Sunday from 11–1pm. Boxing training nights are on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 7–9pm.
Children’s boxing for youngsters aged six to 10 is on Wednesday from 6–8pm.
If there is enough interest a women-only night will be held on Wednesday nights.
Sessions cost £2 each.
• The club is looking for 100 chairs and tables for future dinner boxing evenings. For more information, contact Mrs Lee on 07919 263076.