Wisbech ABC to hold show in Wisbech St Mary next week
By ADAM LAZZARI WISBECH Amateur Boxing Club will hold an open show next Friday. It will be held at the Wisbech St Mary Sports and Community Centre from 6.30pm. Fenland boxing fans could get a rare opportunity to see former European schoolboy champion Eli
By ADAM LAZZARI
WISBECH Amateur Boxing Club will hold an open show next Friday.
It will be held at the Wisbech St Mary Sports and Community Centre from 6.30pm.
Fenland boxing fans could get a rare opportunity to see former European schoolboy champion Eli Frankham fight on home soil and Chatteris boxer Luke McVicar is also on the bill.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech head coach Buddy Lee said: "We've not confirmed a fight for Eli but we're hoping to get one sorted in the next few days.
"I expect there will be about 14 fights and we've got boxers from all over the country coming down here as well as local clubs like King's Lynn, Peterborough, Chatteris and hopefully March so it should be a great show."
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
Wisbech ABC held their first show in five years back in August and this was held at Thomas Clarkson Community College.
Lee said: "We needed to look at a few other venues to give us a bit more freedom and enable us to hold more shows.
"The community centre in Wisbech St Mary looks like a great little venue.
"This will be an open show, but if it goes well we will look into the possibility of having a dinner show their next season."
Entry is �10 and this can be paid on the door.