Wisbech 46-0 Beccles: men from the Fens dot down eight tries to seal biggest win of the season
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech sealed their third straight Eastern Counties Division One success in sensational style last weekend.
The local lads ran in eight unanswered tries as they eased past Beccles by 46-0 at Chapel Road.
Coach Leonard Veenendaal drafted in veterans Beck Wicks and Jon Turner, and both teams took time to settle in early on until Alex Pink dotted down after a driving maul.
The hosts were forced to defend as Beccles drove forward but Wisbech soon added to their advantage through Turner, who touched down after a powerful burst forward.
Pink added a third try of the afternoon and Jack Malkin kicked the conversion to give his side a healthy advantage heading into the break.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech brought in fresh legs for the second half in the form of Nat Humphreys and Sigitas Ciakas and that paid dividends for the home side as James Patrick, James Napier, Harry Newman, Nat Humphreys were able to dot down. Malkin added two more conversions to give Veenendaal’s men their biggest league success to date.
Wisbech return to action this weekend with a tough tie against Woodbridge. The Suffolk side sit in fourth in the league standings, six points clear of the Fen side.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run