Players crowned with silverware at Wisbech bowls club finals day
- Credit: Archant
Members of Alexandra Road Bowls Club in Wisbech enjoyed a fitting end to the season with their annual finals day, which included a new competition.
Players took part in different competitions in a bid to win silverware on Sunday, September 13 after the March & District Bowls League season, which the club takes part in, was cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions.
John Rowland beat chairman Perry Hall to retain his singles title, while Allan Clarke and Marilyn Hawkins prevailed in the pairs category.
Hall, Christopher Clark and Candy Mayers won in the triples competition, while husband and wife duo Ken and Shelagh Jones earned the inaugural couples trophy.
A club spokesperson said: “This was our last bowls day this year and now hopefully the league will start again at the end of April next year.
You may also want to watch:
“As for Covid-19, hopefully we can play again next year.”
- 1 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off