Players crowned with silverware at Wisbech bowls club finals day
- Credit: Archant
Members of Alexandra Road Bowls Club in Wisbech enjoyed a fitting end to the season with their annual finals day, which included a new competition.
Players took part in different competitions in a bid to win silverware on Sunday, September 13 after the March & District Bowls League season, which the club takes part in, was cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions.
John Rowland beat chairman Perry Hall to retain his singles title, while Allan Clarke and Marilyn Hawkins prevailed in the pairs category.
Hall, Christopher Clark and Candy Mayers won in the triples competition, while husband and wife duo Ken and Shelagh Jones earned the inaugural couples trophy.
A club spokesperson said: “This was our last bowls day this year and now hopefully the league will start again at the end of April next year.
You may also want to watch:
“As for Covid-19, hopefully we can play again next year.”
- 1 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 2 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 3 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 4 Two-car collision on A47
- 5 Port of Wisbech continues to defy the trend with 'remarkable' turnout
- 6 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 7 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 8 Horror crash all because BMW driver left home with frozen windscreen
- 9 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 10 'He absolutely pummeled me' - Man, 70, describes vicious attack