WHITTLESEY: Granger sitting pretty in Roadstocks Championship after four rounds
FENLAND motorcycle racer Kate Granger is sitting pretty after the first four rounds of the 2009 East Midlands Racing Association 400cc Roadstocks Championship. Granger, from Whittlesey, was top of the pile going into the latest rounds of the championship
FENLAND motorcycle racer Kate Granger is sitting pretty after the first four rounds of the 2009 East Midlands Racing Association 400cc Roadstocks Championship.
Granger, from Whittlesey, was top of the pile going into the latest rounds of the championship at Mallory Park, but two fourth places saw her relinquish the lead for now.
During the highly competitive races Granger, on-board her Kawasaki ZXR-400 L1 slashed two seconds off her best lap time round the Leicestershire circuit.
Granger said: "Good track conditions and hard racing meant that I didn't finish as high as I would have liked this time around but I did manage to stay in touch and I can't wait to get out on the track again."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "I am delighted with the start I have made to the season. The first four rounds have gone really well.
"I can't wait to get back on the bike and get racing again, I am riding really well and now I have had a sniff of being top of the table I want to get back there as soon as possible."
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
The next round takes place on Sunday July 12 at Darley Moor in Derbyshire.
Granger's team, Team Karda Racing, have teamed up with Specsavers of Wisbech this season as the push for the top continues.
The Whittlesey-based team is looking to run two bikes next season. Another rider is already working with the team.
Nigel Cole, the team's PR manager, said: "The team has shown remarkable growth over the last few years and we now feel we are ready to take the next step and increase the riding personnel."
• For more information about Team Karda Racing visit www.kardaracing.co.uk, email email@example.com or call Mr Cole on 07950 207392.