WHITTLESEY: Granger sitting pretty in Roadstocks Championship after four rounds
FENLAND motorcycle racer Kate Granger is sitting pretty after the first four rounds of the 2009 East Midlands Racing Association 400cc Roadstocks Championship. Granger, from Whittlesey, was top of the pile going into the latest rounds of the championship
FENLAND motorcycle racer Kate Granger is sitting pretty after the first four rounds of the 2009 East Midlands Racing Association 400cc Roadstocks Championship.
Granger, from Whittlesey, was top of the pile going into the latest rounds of the championship at Mallory Park, but two fourth places saw her relinquish the lead for now.
During the highly competitive races Granger, on-board her Kawasaki ZXR-400 L1 slashed two seconds off her best lap time round the Leicestershire circuit.
Granger said: "Good track conditions and hard racing meant that I didn't finish as high as I would have liked this time around but I did manage to stay in touch and I can't wait to get out on the track again."
She added: "I am delighted with the start I have made to the season. The first four rounds have gone really well.
"I can't wait to get back on the bike and get racing again, I am riding really well and now I have had a sniff of being top of the table I want to get back there as soon as possible."
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 5 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 6 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 New mayor pledges to 'do Wisbech proud'
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
The next round takes place on Sunday July 12 at Darley Moor in Derbyshire.
Granger's team, Team Karda Racing, have teamed up with Specsavers of Wisbech this season as the push for the top continues.
The Whittlesey-based team is looking to run two bikes next season. Another rider is already working with the team.
Nigel Cole, the team's PR manager, said: "The team has shown remarkable growth over the last few years and we now feel we are ready to take the next step and increase the riding personnel."
• For more information about Team Karda Racing visit www.kardaracing.co.uk, email email@example.com or call Mr Cole on 07950 207392.