New and familiar faces strengthen Wisbech Town squad ahead of new season
- Credit: Archant
Brett Whaley has welcomed two new faces and a returning midfielder to the Wisbech Town ranks as he looks to strengthen ahead of the new season.
Forward Ryan Pearson and midfielder Andre Williams, who had a spell at Whaley’s former club March Town, have arrived from Swaffham Town and Peterborough Sports.
Danny Draper, who made 13 appearances for the Fenmen last season, also returns after a spell with Bedford Town.
Meanwhile, Wisbech have announced Liam Marshall and Beckham Kennelly will become the first team captain and vice-captain for the 2020-21 campaign.
Speaking on the appointments, Whaley said: “Liam was the obvious choice for me to step up as captain. He was vice-captain last season and he’s a popular and vocal part of our dressing room, so I’m confident he’ll do a great job.
You may also want to watch:
“Beckham has shown the character to become a captain in the future. His attitude and approach have been spot on since I came into the club and I think this role will help his development.”
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid