New and familiar faces strengthen Wisbech Town squad ahead of new season
- Credit: Archant
Brett Whaley has welcomed two new faces and a returning midfielder to the Wisbech Town ranks as he looks to strengthen ahead of the new season.
Forward Ryan Pearson and midfielder Andre Williams, who had a spell at Whaley’s former club March Town, have arrived from Swaffham Town and Peterborough Sports.
Danny Draper, who made 13 appearances for the Fenmen last season, also returns after a spell with Bedford Town.
Meanwhile, Wisbech have announced Liam Marshall and Beckham Kennelly will become the first team captain and vice-captain for the 2020-21 campaign.
Speaking on the appointments, Whaley said: “Liam was the obvious choice for me to step up as captain. He was vice-captain last season and he’s a popular and vocal part of our dressing room, so I’m confident he’ll do a great job.
You may also want to watch:
“Beckham has shown the character to become a captain in the future. His attitude and approach have been spot on since I came into the club and I think this role will help his development.”
- 1 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off