Weston goes Italian with new winger
ITALIAN winger Gino Livrti has signed for March Town United. The 17-year-old joined from the now defunct King s Lynn Reserves with which he played regular Ridgeons Premier Division football last season. March boss Jamie Weston said: He s a very promising
ITALIAN winger Gino Livrti has signed for March Town United.
The 17-year-old joined from the now defunct King's Lynn Reserves with which he played regular Ridgeons Premier Division football last season.
March boss Jamie Weston said: "He's a very promising player. He has lots of pace and energy and he can play on either wing.
"To be playing regularly in the Ridgeons Premier Division at his age shows he has talent and I've been chasing him for a few weeks."
Midfielder Harry Rowe has re-signed for March after a period away travelling.
Captain Luke Pepper and Scott Bogus, both central midfielders, will return to the side for Saturday's tough home game against second-placed FC Clacton after missing March's last match, a 3-0 away league defeat to Godmanchester on December 28.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
Pepper was suspended and Bogus had work commitments.
Weston said: "Luke and Scott are important players for us and it's a big boost to have Harry Rowe back in the squad.
"We've had a bit of a frustrating Christmas period with games being called off and conditions have been so bad we've not even been able to train so the players could be a bit rusty.
"Clacton are a good side and they are playing well at the moment but we've been very good at home this season and I believe we can win the game.