Weston fumes over players' attitudes after Hares get thrashed by Lakenheath
CAMBS INVITATION CUP, PRELIMINARY ROUND March Town United 1 Lakenheath 5 MARCH boss Jamie Weston blasted the poor attitude of his players after they were humiliated by lower league opposition on Tuesday night. The Hares have now conceded 12 goals in thei
CAMBS INVITATION CUP, PRELIMINARY ROUND
March Town United 1 Lakenheath 5
MARCH boss Jamie Weston blasted the poor attitude of his players after they were humiliated by lower league opposition on Tuesday night.
The Hares have now conceded 12 goals in their last two games after losing 7-1 at CRC in the FA Vase, first round on October 4 and Weston has called his players in for a special training session on Thursday night.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It was the worst we've played this season, we were truly awful. Lakenheath played well but if we'd played our normal game we would have won.
"I can only put this down to the poor attitude of the players. I fielded a strong side and we seemed to think it was going to be a stroll, but we were 3-1 down before we knew it."
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Denny Escorcio put March 1-0 up with a shot from 18 yards after collecting Pete Smith's pass but the Kershaw Premier side quickly equalised and went 2-1 up when March failed to deal with a long ball.
A penalty made it 3-1 at half-time.
A fine finish from 20 yards following a quick break and another penalty completed the scoring.
Weston said: "I decided at half-time that we would train on Thursday. We have a big league match at Cornard on Saturday and if we don't improve dramatically we will be embarrassed.