Waterlogged pitch sees Wisbech Town’s clash with Walsham-le-Willows postponed
FRUSTRATION has returned to the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium after Wisbech Town’s clash with Walsham-le-Willows was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Today’s match - which was due to be sponsored by the Wisbech Standard - was called off this morning after the pitch was left unplayable due to heavy rain.
The news will come as a blow to the Fenmen who would have been bidding for their fifth consecutive win.
Meanwhile, Wisbech have been drawn against Ridgeons First Division high-flyers Stowmarket Town in the semi-final of the league cup.
But the Fenmen will be without home advantage when they travel to Greens Meadow for the match on March 29.
You may also want to watch:
The other semi-final will see the winners of the Walsham-le-Willows v Wroxham quarter-final host CRC.
The Fenmen have already beaten Dereham Town, Diss Town and Kirkley & Pakefield to reach the semis.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed