Waterlogged pitch sees Wisbech Town’s clash with Walsham-le-Willows postponed
FRUSTRATION has returned to the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium after Wisbech Town’s clash with Walsham-le-Willows was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Today’s match - which was due to be sponsored by the Wisbech Standard - was called off this morning after the pitch was left unplayable due to heavy rain.
The news will come as a blow to the Fenmen who would have been bidding for their fifth consecutive win.
Meanwhile, Wisbech have been drawn against Ridgeons First Division high-flyers Stowmarket Town in the semi-final of the league cup.
But the Fenmen will be without home advantage when they travel to Greens Meadow for the match on March 29.
You may also want to watch:
The other semi-final will see the winners of the Walsham-le-Willows v Wroxham quarter-final host CRC.
The Fenmen have already beaten Dereham Town, Diss Town and Kirkley & Pakefield to reach the semis.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son