NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Mark Warren joins Arran Duke in the Wisbech St Mary hotseat
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary have appointed a new joint manager to work alongside long-serving Arran Duke.
The Thurlow Nunn League First Division outfit have handed Mark Warren a promotion after he worked as player/assistant boss last term.
Warren, now 43, made more than 200 Football League appearances during a lengthy playing career.
Duke, who is preparing for his 10th season at the Saints helm, said: “I asked Mark to step up and be joint manager as we worked really well together last season.
“His knowledge and experience as an ex-pro is really beneficial to us all.”
You may also want to watch:
Adam Wright will now be assistant to the management duo with Ed Godfrey leaving for Holbeach.
Saints have lost three players - James McManus, Dale Parnell and Nick Davey - to lower-level Parson Drove since the end of last season.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
But Duke confirmed the vast majority of his squad are committed to another campaign at the ABC Quality Meats Stadium.
He has also completed the signing of Ben Coe from Anglian Combination League side Mundford.
Duke added: “Ben is a very good addition or us and I expect him to have a big impact at our level.
“It’s also pleasing to see so many of our existing players commit for another season and hopefully we’ll have some more signings to announce in the next week or so.”