Walpole Highway brothers race to wins at the British Grass Karting Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two young brothers from Walpole Highway both won titles at the British Grass Karting Championships.
At Manea Field, twelve year-old Frankie Wright won the 90cc class in a field of 16 racers, while Sonny Wright, 10, triumphed in the 70cc class against nine other racers.
The pair, and sister Brogan, 16, all race with Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club.
Mother Zoe said: “My husband and I were a bit taken aback by how well they have done. I don’t really get nervous but this time when they crossed the line I breathed a huge sigh of relief. The pride kicked in when I saw them on the podium an hour later.
“All of them (including Brogan) are very good. If they wanted to go further up the chain, we would be really happy.
You may also want to watch:
“A massive thank you to Steve Hensby and Karl Gilbert for organising the British Championships and everyone else that helps and supports the club every year to make this weekend better and better.”
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash