Video: Tiger racing takes off
By Mark Berry A NEW affordable motor racing series, introduced by a Thorney Toll company, is proving to be a big hit with thrill-seeking drivers. Tiger Racing has more than 15 years of experience in the production of high performance sports cars and its
By Mark Berry
A NEW affordable motor racing series, introduced by a Thorney Toll company, is proving to be a big hit with thrill-seeking drivers.
Tiger Racing has more than 15 years of experience in the production of high performance sports cars and its racing series has attracted an ever-growing number of drivers from around the country.
Around 20 drivers are now taking part in the second Tiger Racing season, which takes in some of Britain's finest racing circuits including Brands Hatch and Snetterton.
Tiger builds race cars to specification, sells ready-built models and even hires out cars to those wishing to take part in race days and one-off events.
Tiger's Jim Dudley said: "It is a great way to get involved in motor racing and once you have a standard car there is very little that you have to do to get it up to track standard.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 6 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 10 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
"Basically, you need to make sure that you have a roll cage, fire extinguisher, battery cut-off unit and improved seat belts but that's about it."
Tiger are attracting customers from all over the world having proven their technical ability both on and off the race track.
The Z100WR, powered by two Suzuki GSXR 1000 motorbike engines, was specially built by Tiger to break the world 0-60mph record.
And while filming Channel Five's Fifth Gear, Tiff Needell piloted the hugely powerful car to 60mph in just 2.9 seconds (the Z100WR was later timed at 2.8s).
Tiger is also the new home of ERA (English Racing Automobiles), one of the world's most historic and highly respected motor racing marques. Jim Dudley said: "We wanted to build a car that recreated a golden era of motor racing so we started to look into using a well-known marque. "After several months I just happened to search for ERA and I found that although it was owned by Ford, in Detroit, they had not used the name for years so we were able to purchase it."
The result is a range of superb ERA models, heavily influenced by early Lotus and BRM racing cars, and an ERA race series.
The new Tiger Racing brochure will be available soon and will include more information on the company and the latest range of models.
Alternatively contact Tiger Racing on 01733 271131 or visit www.tigerracing.com.