VIDEO: Northampton Sileby Rangers 2 - 3 Wisbech Town - Fenmen finish season on a high
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Danny Beaumont, Steven Reid and Tommy Treacher saw Wisbech Town finish their season on a high.
The Fenmen end their United Counties League campaign in third, an impressive finish considering their slow start to the season, although their 14 game winning streak put them right in the title picture.
Manager Dick Creasey, speaking after the game, said: “Our performance typified our last few games of the season. The last minute goal at Rushden & Diamonds knocked the stuffing out of us. We never really recovered from that.
“Since then, even in games we have won, we’ve not really performed well enough. That’s cost us our runners-up spot and we’ve only got ourselves to blame.
“However, looking at the bigger picture, it’s been a great season.”
You may also want to watch:
Creasey says he is “relishing” the challenge of leading the Fenmen again this season.
He said: “This is when the hard work starts. As was discussed at the fans forum, the budget has been cut, so I’m hoping the players will take a cut and stay with us. I would like to keep the squad together because we have a good base. We don’t have to do much.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
“I’m relishing the challenge (of next season). Hopefully we’ll be around the top of the table.”