VIDEO: Late equaliser earns Wisbech Town draw at Gorleston while Cousins joins Soham
Ridgeons Premier Division: Gorleston 2 Wisbech Town 2
MIDFIELDER Paul Jones equalised directly from a corner with five minutes left to earn Wisbech Town a point at Gorleston today.
Steve Appleby’s Fenmen took the lead through Chris Bacon but were pegged back before half-time.
Ridgeons Premier Division new-boys Gorleston took the lead in the second-half before Jones earned Wisbech a point that they’ll surely be happy with having been without Callum Reed (suspension), Liam Nimmo (work) and Matt Lunn (illness).
The draw is Wisbech’s first in the league this season.
You may also want to watch:
Appleby’s side return to action at home to Kirkley & Pakefield in the Ridgeons Premier Division next week.
? CENTRE-BACK Paul Cousins - who was released by King’s Lynn Town earlier this week - signed for Soham Town Rangers last night.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
Appleby had refused to “close any doors” on sensationally bringing Cousins back to the club just months after he had left to join fierce rivals Lynn.
A host of clubs were thought to be after Cousins, who left Lynn over an internal dispute, but the 29-year-old opted to join former team-mate Andy Furnell’s Soham outfit.
It’ll be the first time Cousins has played at Step 4 of the non-league pyramid.
? To find out how Ridgeons First Division March Town United fared today click on the related link on the right-hand side of this page.
• Video supplied by Wisbech Town programme and website editor Spenny Larham.