VIDEO: Fairweather’s 50-yarder helps Wisbech Town maintain 100 pc away league record
Ridgeons Premier Division: Diss Town 0 Wisbech Town 2
RETURNING defender Jon Fairweather scored a 50-yarder as Wisbech Town maintained their 100 per cent away league record with a 2-0 win at Diss Town.
Fairweather, in his first game back since finishing a coaching job in the USA, smashed a free-kick home from the touchline to put Steve Appleby’s side in front with just five minutes left.
In-form striker Liam Nimmo bagged his sixth goal of the campaign to wrap up the points for the Fenmen just minutes later.
Appleby’s high-flying Fenmen - who have only lost one game so far this season - host Haverhill Rovers on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
• To find out how March Town United got on in their FA Vase First Qualifying Round match today click on the related link on the right-hand side of the page.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition