VIDEO: Bacon and Davey fire Wisbech Town to 2-1 win over 10-man Hadleigh United
WISBECH Town stretched their unbeaten league run to four games by coming from behind to beat Hadleigh United on Saturday.
The Fenmen snatched a 2-1 victory over 10-man Hadleigh, courtesy of a goal each from strike pairing Chris Bacon and Nick Davey.
Steve Appleby’s troops had gone behind after 20 mins but Bacon scrambled home an equaliser in first-half stoppage time.
Davey got Wisbech’s winner with 15 minutes to go, firing the ball underneath the ‘keeper to complete a valuable away victory.
Hadleigh were reduced to 10 men in the closing stages, after a two-footed challenge on Fenmen defender Neal Spafford.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech, who sit fifth in the Ridgeons Premier Division, are now 12 points behind leaders Wroxham, who drew 1-1 in a top-of-the-table clash with Brantham Athletic at the weekend.
The Fenmen host Gorleston tomorrow (Tuesday) night, with kick-off pushed back to 8pm at the request of the visitors.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter