VIDEO: Bacon and Davey fire Wisbech Town to 2-1 win over 10-man Hadleigh United
WISBECH Town stretched their unbeaten league run to four games by coming from behind to beat Hadleigh United on Saturday.
The Fenmen snatched a 2-1 victory over 10-man Hadleigh, courtesy of a goal each from strike pairing Chris Bacon and Nick Davey.
Steve Appleby’s troops had gone behind after 20 mins but Bacon scrambled home an equaliser in first-half stoppage time.
Davey got Wisbech’s winner with 15 minutes to go, firing the ball underneath the ‘keeper to complete a valuable away victory.
Hadleigh were reduced to 10 men in the closing stages, after a two-footed challenge on Fenmen defender Neal Spafford.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech, who sit fifth in the Ridgeons Premier Division, are now 12 points behind leaders Wroxham, who drew 1-1 in a top-of-the-table clash with Brantham Athletic at the weekend.
The Fenmen host Gorleston tomorrow (Tuesday) night, with kick-off pushed back to 8pm at the request of the visitors.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week