Ultimate Fighting Championship star John ‘The One’ Maguire hosts seminar at Wisbech club
ULTIMATE Fighting Championship star John ‘The One’ Maguire passed on tips to Fenland’s mixed martial artists at a special seminar.
Maguire, from Wisbech St Mary, won his debut bout last year after becoming the first fighter in East Anglia to land a contract with the UFC.
But the grappling expert strutted his stuff at Wisbech’s Avaddon Mixed Martial Arts Club at the weekend - showing a group of fighters a host of techniques.
Avaddon MMA coach Chris Ellington thanked Maguire for running the two-hour session and wished him luck for his next bout in Sweden on April 14.
The Wisbech club sealed a memorable weekend by cheering two of its members to victory at the East Coast Fight Factory’s show in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Dominik Glowacki showed no sign of nerves as he won his debut amateur bout in front of a crowd of more than 700 people. The talented fighter forced his opponent to submit in the first round.
There was also a first round victory for Jamie Powell, whose boxing combinations forced his opponent to retire.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Emporium takes business to next level
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 8 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Avaddon will host its own MMA show on May 5 at the Hudson Sports Centre. For more information visit: www.avaddonmma.com