Ultimate Fighting Championship star John ‘The One’ Maguire hosts seminar at Wisbech club
ULTIMATE Fighting Championship star John ‘The One’ Maguire passed on tips to Fenland’s mixed martial artists at a special seminar.
Maguire, from Wisbech St Mary, won his debut bout last year after becoming the first fighter in East Anglia to land a contract with the UFC.
But the grappling expert strutted his stuff at Wisbech’s Avaddon Mixed Martial Arts Club at the weekend - showing a group of fighters a host of techniques.
Avaddon MMA coach Chris Ellington thanked Maguire for running the two-hour session and wished him luck for his next bout in Sweden on April 14.
The Wisbech club sealed a memorable weekend by cheering two of its members to victory at the East Coast Fight Factory’s show in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Dominik Glowacki showed no sign of nerves as he won his debut amateur bout in front of a crowd of more than 700 people. The talented fighter forced his opponent to submit in the first round.
There was also a first round victory for Jamie Powell, whose boxing combinations forced his opponent to retire.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Avaddon will host its own MMA show on May 5 at the Hudson Sports Centre. For more information visit: www.avaddonmma.com