Ultimate Fighting Championship star John ‘The One’ Maguire hosts seminar at Wisbech club
ULTIMATE Fighting Championship star John ‘The One’ Maguire passed on tips to Fenland’s mixed martial artists at a special seminar.
Maguire, from Wisbech St Mary, won his debut bout last year after becoming the first fighter in East Anglia to land a contract with the UFC.
But the grappling expert strutted his stuff at Wisbech’s Avaddon Mixed Martial Arts Club at the weekend - showing a group of fighters a host of techniques.
Avaddon MMA coach Chris Ellington thanked Maguire for running the two-hour session and wished him luck for his next bout in Sweden on April 14.
The Wisbech club sealed a memorable weekend by cheering two of its members to victory at the East Coast Fight Factory’s show in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Dominik Glowacki showed no sign of nerves as he won his debut amateur bout in front of a crowd of more than 700 people. The talented fighter forced his opponent to submit in the first round.
There was also a first round victory for Jamie Powell, whose boxing combinations forced his opponent to retire.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
Avaddon will host its own MMA show on May 5 at the Hudson Sports Centre. For more information visit: www.avaddonmma.com