TYDD ST MARY: Bennett double secures victory
TWO Andrew Bennett penalties gave Tydd St Mary FC a 3-2 victory in a competitive Boston and District Division Two clash at Friskney. Tydd led after 13 minutes when Richard Smith drilled a low corner in from the left and Kane Milne poked home from close r
TWO Andrew Bennett penalties gave Tydd St Mary FC a 3-2 victory in a competitive Boston and District Division Two clash at Friskney.
Tydd led after 13 minutes when Richard Smith drilled a low corner in from the left and Kane Milne poked home from close range.
Frinskey equalised form a corner and it was 1-1 at the break.
Smith was sent off for Tydd for two bookable offences but Tydd restored their lead with a Bennett spot kick after Ash Godfrey was fouled.
You may also want to watch:
With 15 minutes to go Godfrey was again fouled in the area and Bennett scored again. The referee sent a Friskney player off for a second booking after arguing the penalty decision.
A minute into stoppage time, Friskney chipped a long ball over the Tydd defence to score a consolation goal.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 9 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 10 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen