TYDD ST GILES: Ladies' section holds its own 'Ascot Ladies' Day' on the course fairways
IT was a dress code more suited to Ascot Ladies Day, but was present on the fairways and greens of a Fenland golf course. Unable to make it to prestigious horse racing event, members of Tydd St Giles Golf Club Ladies Section held their very own Ascot L
IT was a dress code more suited to Ascot Ladies' Day, but was present on the fairways and greens of a Fenland golf course.
Unable to make it to prestigious horse racing event, members of Tydd St Giles Golf Club Ladies' Section held their very own 'Ascot Ladies' Day' last Thursday.
It was a fun golf event, held for the first time, and the 14 ladies wore decorated hats while playing their round.
But there was still a competition for the best hat - and it was won by Diana Greenhill.
The ladies are pictured beside the first tee, complete with their creations.
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 8 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss