Tydd St Giles Golf Club raise further funds for children’s charity
NORWICH CITY goalkeeping legend Bryan Gunn helped the Tydd St Giles Senior Captains Golf Day raise further funds towards the Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity.
Gunn, who made more than 390 appearances for the club before having a brief spell as manager in 2009, joined 150 players that supported the day.
Brian Shales, the Seniors’ captain and organiser of the event, said: “We were delighted that Bryan, a keen golfer himself, agreed to present the prizes.
“We were very proud of the fact that Bryan was the first celebrity to visit us.”
Tydd St Giles Golf Club have now raised nearly �2,500 in the past year for the charity which grants the wishes of children who are living with serious and life threatening illnesses.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.raysofsunshine.org.uk for more details.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 7 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat