Tydd St Giles Golf Club raise further funds for children’s charity
NORWICH CITY goalkeeping legend Bryan Gunn helped the Tydd St Giles Senior Captains Golf Day raise further funds towards the Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity.
Gunn, who made more than 390 appearances for the club before having a brief spell as manager in 2009, joined 150 players that supported the day.
Brian Shales, the Seniors’ captain and organiser of the event, said: “We were delighted that Bryan, a keen golfer himself, agreed to present the prizes.
“We were very proud of the fact that Bryan was the first celebrity to visit us.”
Tydd St Giles Golf Club have now raised nearly �2,500 in the past year for the charity which grants the wishes of children who are living with serious and life threatening illnesses.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.raysofsunshine.org.uk for more details.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians