Tydd St Giles Golf Club raise further funds for children’s charity
NORWICH CITY goalkeeping legend Bryan Gunn helped the Tydd St Giles Senior Captains Golf Day raise further funds towards the Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity.
Gunn, who made more than 390 appearances for the club before having a brief spell as manager in 2009, joined 150 players that supported the day.
Brian Shales, the Seniors’ captain and organiser of the event, said: “We were delighted that Bryan, a keen golfer himself, agreed to present the prizes.
“We were very proud of the fact that Bryan was the first celebrity to visit us.”
Tydd St Giles Golf Club have now raised nearly �2,500 in the past year for the charity which grants the wishes of children who are living with serious and life threatening illnesses.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.raysofsunshine.org.uk for more details.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault