Tydd St Giles Golf Club captain holds his Captain’s Day
TYDD St Giles Golf Club captain Steve Hart held his Captain’s Day on Saturday August 28.
Good weather led to some fantastic scores for the 135 players that took part in a Stableford competition.
“This day could not work without all the help and support I have received from my helpers and sponsors,” said Steve Hart.
“I’d like to thank RT Motors of Gorfield, Travis Perkins, Bunn Engineering and Marshall Toyota, who sponsored the par three holes and offered a car for anyone who got a hole-in-one on the eighth hole.
“Unfortunately this prize was not won but Terry Pease achieved the fantastic feat on the twelth and won a set of Callaway Diablo golf clubs.”
Captain’s Day results
Guests’ winner: 1st: Paul Strickle 48 points, 2nd: J. Clarke 39 points, 3rd: D. Clifton 37 points
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
Members’ winner: 1st: C. Hicks 43 points, 2nd: A. Sleath 40 points, 3rd: T. Murphy 39 points
Ladies’ winner: 1st S. Jenkins 33 points, 2nd: L. Gallie 30 points, 3rd: M. Taylor-Vassall 28 points
Seniors’ winner: B. Gough 40 points
Juniors’ winner: L. Rowell 37 points