Tydd golfer has Tiger Woods in his sights
GOLFER James Cundy is hoping to be competing against the likes of Tiger Woods within three years after collecting his first pay cheque as a professional golfer. Cundy made the cut in the latest round of the PGA Europro Tour. He finished joint 42nd from 15
GOLFER James Cundy is hoping to be competing against the likes of Tiger Woods within three years after collecting his first pay cheque as a professional golfer.
Cundy made the cut in the latest round of the PGA Europro Tour.
He finished joint 42nd from 155 players at Tudor Park Golf Club in Maidstone earlier this month.
Cundy, 24, who lives in Wisbech and plays at Tydd St Giles Golf Club, scored rounds of 67, 71 and 71 on the 70-par course.
You may also want to watch:
Cundy said: "It's pretty satisfying to pick up my first pay cheque as a professional golfer and make it past that milestone, but I feel I could have played a bit better."
The PGA Europro Tour is a development golf tour, formed seven years ago, with the intention of providing young golfers with a platform to launch a professional tournament career.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 8 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
Cundy said: "I need to keep making the cut to improve my ranking and my aim is to be competing with the best in the world within three years.