Two golds and a bronze for top Wisbech swimmer
NATIONAL level swimmer Liam Knight won two gold medals and a bronze at the prestigious Burns Open Meet. The 14-year-old won gold in 50m fly and 100m backstroke with times of 27.71 and 1.04.69 respectively. Knight, from Wisbech, recorded 2.19.76 to secure
NATIONAL level swimmer Liam Knight won two gold medals and a bronze at the prestigious Burns Open Meet.
The 14-year-old won gold in 50m fly and 100m backstroke with times of 27.71 and 1.04.69 respectively.
Knight, from Wisbech, recorded 2.19.76 to secure bronze in the 200m backstroke.
The event was held at Ponds Forge, Sheffield.
It was used as a warm up to the British Championships.
Amongst the top swimmers competing were Olympic double gold medallist Rebecca Adlington.
- 1 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 2 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 3 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 4 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 5 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 6 ‘We should be offered compensation’ - Campaigner's plea to Steve Barclay
- 7 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 8 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 9 Health secretary to investigate financial redress for mesh-injured
- 10 ‘Strange looking candy floss...’ seized during police patrol
Knight competed against the Commonwealth silver medallist Matthew Bowe in the fly and European Long Course bronze medallist Matthew Clay in the backstroke.
Knight managed fourth in 400m individual medley (4.59.99), fifth in 100m fly
(1.03.36), fifth in 200m individual medley (2.22.48) and seventh in 200m freestyle (2.06.28).
Knight has now achieved national qualifying times in five events.
He will be competing in the national championships in July.