Two British champions comeing to Chatteris boxing show
CHATTERIS Youth Amateur Boxing Club have announced plans to hold a show next month when two of their fighters will take on British champions. Chris Brown, 21, will fight reigning British ABA light heavyweight champion Obed Mackongo and Chatteris s England
CHATTERIS Youth Amateur Boxing Club have announced plans to hold a show next month when two of their fighters will take on British champions.
Chris Brown, 21, will fight reigning British ABA light heavyweight champion Obed Mackongo and Chatteris's England youth international Jordon Gill, 15, meet West Ham's British ABA champion Chris Smith in the 60kg division.
The show will be at Cromwell Community College, Chatteris on December 12.
Chatteris coach Paul Gill said: "It's set to be a great show and it will be good to see how Chris and Jordan get on against these British champions.
You may also want to watch:
"I want to see just how good Chris is. He is at the stage now where he should look to become a professional."
The evening will start with a three-course dinner, followed by the 14 bout boxing programme.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
Tickets for the dinner and boxing are �30 per person, those who do not wish to dine; the price is �10 per person.
Paul Gill said: "By supporting this big fight night you will not only be supporting boxing, you will be supporting the youth education programme which this club promotes at every training session.
"The boxing helps with the youngster's concentration and co-ordination and I've seen it improve their performances in school.
"The club is also affiliated with the Chatteris Royal British Legion, these youths give their time to assist with the door to door poppy sales; they also parade and lay a wreath on Armistice Sunday."
The club is sponsored by Global Tiles and companies and individuals can sponsor a bout on the night, with money going to Chatteris Boxing Club.
For more information and to book tickets, contact Matty Payne on 01354 693630.