Trophy time for Wisbech super sevens
WISBECH Grammar School s girls rugby sevens team have added two major successes to their trophy haul. The under-18 girls, who ran out winners in the first-ever sevens tournament staged at home recently, have gone on to win the plate competition at the Su
WISBECH Grammar School's girls' rugby sevens team have added two major successes to their trophy haul.
The under-18 girls, who ran out winners in the first-ever sevens tournament staged at home recently, have gone on to win the plate competition at the Sussex Open Sevens competition at Christ's Hospital and they took the bowl in the Berkhamsted Sevens tournament.
Elsewhere, the school's under-18 boys reached the semi-finals of the Sussex Sevens Tournament and the under-13 boys competed in their first sevens tournament, at Berkhamsted where they enjoyed a 17-5 win over Amman Valley and suffered a 24-0 defeat to Campion School.
There has also been tournament success for members of the school's junior department.
You may also want to watch:
In a round robin competition of 10-minute games at Beeston Hall, the under-nine hockey team drew against Gresham's School, Glebe House, Town Close and Taverham Hall and won 2-0 against the hosts, Beeston, to earn second place overall.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed