Trayford smashes Fenland Running Club ladies record at London Marathon while three runners go under three hours
- Credit: Archant
Three Fenland Running Club members achieved their “holy grail” at the London Marathon, while another set a club record.
Andrew Plume, Martin Jennings and Gary Bligh all achieved sub-three hour times.
Star run of the day was by Melanie Trayford, who came home in 3.14.50 - not just a personal best but a ladies club record by more than six minutes.
Nine of the 13 FRC runners set personal bests, with three others setting their first time standard.
Full results (37,675 finishers): Andrew Plume 1,219th 2:55:27 (BP); Martin Jennings 1,358th 2:56:53 (PB); Gary Bligh 1,680th 2:58:56 (PB); Shane Draper 2,137th 3:02:42 (PB); Melanie Trayford 3,669th 3:14:50 (PB, Ladies’Club Record); Stuart Follen 3,887th 3:16:35 (PB); Paul Griffin 3,890th 3:16:37 (PB); Maire Irlam 5,735th 3:27:54 (PB); Stewart Harrison 6,562nd 3:31:58; Sarah Gauvin 8,700th 3:42:21; Justin Showell 9,692nd 3:45:57 (PB); Ellen Drew 12,821st 3:56:48; Sharon Bird 34,101st 5:42:33.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Rippon ran the Shakespeare Marathon in Stratford-upon-Avon, finishing 573rd in a field of 599 in a massive personal best of 5.18.45.
Club second-claim member Gillian Holmes ran the Blackpool Marathon and finished in five hours 31 minutes.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online