Trayford smashes Fenland Running Club ladies record at London Marathon while three runners go under three hours
- Credit: Archant
Three Fenland Running Club members achieved their “holy grail” at the London Marathon, while another set a club record.
Andrew Plume, Martin Jennings and Gary Bligh all achieved sub-three hour times.
Star run of the day was by Melanie Trayford, who came home in 3.14.50 - not just a personal best but a ladies club record by more than six minutes.
Nine of the 13 FRC runners set personal bests, with three others setting their first time standard.
Full results (37,675 finishers): Andrew Plume 1,219th 2:55:27 (BP); Martin Jennings 1,358th 2:56:53 (PB); Gary Bligh 1,680th 2:58:56 (PB); Shane Draper 2,137th 3:02:42 (PB); Melanie Trayford 3,669th 3:14:50 (PB, Ladies’Club Record); Stuart Follen 3,887th 3:16:35 (PB); Paul Griffin 3,890th 3:16:37 (PB); Maire Irlam 5,735th 3:27:54 (PB); Stewart Harrison 6,562nd 3:31:58; Sarah Gauvin 8,700th 3:42:21; Justin Showell 9,692nd 3:45:57 (PB); Ellen Drew 12,821st 3:56:48; Sharon Bird 34,101st 5:42:33.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Rippon ran the Shakespeare Marathon in Stratford-upon-Avon, finishing 573rd in a field of 599 in a massive personal best of 5.18.45.
Club second-claim member Gillian Holmes ran the Blackpool Marathon and finished in five hours 31 minutes.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000