Top performances from Fenland Runners at Holt
FENLAND Running Club members produced of their best performances in the Holy Seven Mile Road Race. A dozen members raced along a circuit that ran from the village down to the coast and back. First home for Fenland was club coach Robin Parker, whose 41-4
FENLAND Running Club members produced one of their best performances in the Holt Seven Mile Road Race.
A dozen members raced along a circuit that ran from the village down to the coast and back.
First home for Fenland was club coach Robin Parker, whose 41-42 placed him fifth overall.
Not far behind was club chairman Tim Chapman in 47-34, finishing 29th.
You may also want to watch:
The club's first three ladies won the team event.
Maire Irlam (50-48, 51st) was followed in by Lisa Jermey (51-34, 63rd) and Sarah Gauvin (52-52, 72nd).
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
Irlam was awarded a prize for being the third overall lady.
Veterans Keith White (50-48, 50th) and Ian Milburn (50-52, 54th) also ran very strongly in a field of 244 finishers.
There were also impressive performances from Jane Holmes (54-45, 88th), Cheryl Chapman (59-06, 135th) and Jane Greenwood (1:00-41, 149th).