Three silvers for Wisbech Swimming Club’s Lucy at British Masters and Senior Age Group Long Course Championships
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Swimming Club athlete Lucy Ryan took three silver medals in the British Masters and Senior Age Group Long Course Championships.
Competing in the 40-45 years age group, Lucy swam in the 50m, 100m and 200m breaststroke events, taking silver at each distance. The championships were held at the Manchester Commonwealth Games Pool.
Subject to ratification, all three swims also set new Eastern Region long course (50m pool) records.
Ryan said: “I was particularly pleased with my 200m time of 2:59:05, which was faster than any of the ladies 10 years younger than me, against whom I was competing.”
She credits much of her success to the extra training she does with Wisbech Swimming Club, under head coach Greg Marsters.
You may also want to watch:
Marsters said: “The club is very proud of Lucy’s achievements and we’re delighted to be able to support her race preparation.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road